Saturday, April 28, 2012

The finish line?

Diane and I completed something off of her list today!  She wanted to run in a 5K.  We participated in the "Left Behind But Not Forgotten" 5K.  This race raises money to help young girls that "age out" of Ethiopian orphanages.  The money goes toward providing these girls with an education so they can have a better life.  Diane and I met this morning and went to the starting line.  We stretched, laughed, and visited with friends standing around waiting for the race to start.  It was an absolutely beautiful morning!  When the race started we ran for a while.  Then we walked.  Then we ran...you get the picture!  We had a great time together and we both  felt empowered that we had done something that neither one of us had ever done before.  When my good friend Krista asked me last week if I would continue running after this race I said, "No way!"  But quite honestly, being with a group of people on a beautiful morning, running along, enjoying the day....I think I'll say "maybe".  I did this race in honor of Diane.  She is a beautiful, strong, wonderful woman and sister.  She can do anything!  Even though we both crossed the finish line...we aren't finished yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment