Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Here it is

When I shared the idea of making a list with my sisters I gave them some guidelines to follow.  Their list had to have an end date, the items had to be a mixture of easy, hard, cheap, expensive, short-term and long-term.  If everything is the high-ticket item or the long-term goal, who wouldn't want to give up??  I had decided that I WILL complete my list.  In fact, I'm already thinking of my NEXT list when this one is completed.  I realized that when I started thinking about goals and dreams...I have a lot of them!  So I thought I would share my personal list today with you.  Then as I slowly (or maybe not so slowly) work my way through, I can tell about my adventures along the way.

  • Learn Spanish (complete all 3 Rosetta stone discs)
  • Read the Bible in a year
  • Stop biting my fingernails (try acrylic nails)
  • Lose 20 pounds
  • Ride a moped in Tuscany
  • Start writing in a journal
  • Wear more dresses to work
  • Go to chef school or take cooking classes
  • Remember to send everyone cards for birthdays/ anniversaries
  • Plan my own funeral
  • Decorate my front room
  • Start my own baking business
  • Take a vacation to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
  • Start painting again
  • Learn to cook the perfect risotto
  • Make a quilt with the old fabric blocks
  • Start a mother-daughter tradition with my daughter
  • Look into getting a patent on an idea I have
  • Learn to shoot a gun
  • Get a passport
Many of these require explanation...but that's for another day.  
What you need to know now is what I've already completed. As of 12/15/11 I have stopped biting my nails!  This is huge because I have been a nail biter since childhood.  Also I tried acrylic nails but they turned out to not be for me!  Hey, at least I tried.  My sister Diane helped me by setting up an organizer box for all important dates that require a card to be sent.  She even printed off all their addresses and set me up with a Cozi account with a reminder calendar.  Haven't missed an occasion yet!  My sister Crystal gave me a journal with pretty pens and I have started writing furiously all the junk that goes on in my head!  During spring break, Karl and I cleaned out and decorated out front room!  Wow, what a big accomplishment...it feels great!  Also, Karl and I both got our passports!  If we are going to Italy next summer (which we ARE, according to my list), then we had to have passports. 
So, 5 things accomplished and 15 to go!  I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment