Monday, September 3, 2012

Mmmmmm, yummy!


Mmmmmmm, yummy! 

 #12 Start my own baking business ...yikes!  What was I thinking when I made that list?  I guess I am a little crazy.  Well, maybe a LOT crazy.  Here's my plan so far:
  • I have baked many batches of cinnamon rolls so that I know each batch I sell will be perfect.
  • I have done the cost analysis on each dozen of cinnamon rolls so I know what I should sell them for.
  • I have a plan of giving away free samples to get started.
  • I have made some adorable business/thank you cards...Cheryl and Gracie were a BIG help!

Now, the question is...
  • How many orders a week can I realistically make?  
I don't really know.  I don't think I've made a mass quantity of cinnamon rolls before.  I do know that making two dozen rolls takes me a total of 2-2 1/2 hours.  In the past when I sold my rolls, I really messed up on the timing issue and sold some "less than perfect" rolls.  That just is not acceptable, which is why I have been working so hard preparing for this adventure...to make sure that doesn't happen again.

As I've been working on my list, it has caused me to stop and seriously ponder why I chose the things I did.  I KNEW when I made that list that I was going to complete everything...so why did I dream so big? I guess the answer is: why not?  The heading of my blog is "Living life to the fullest...one day at a time".  Notice I didn't call it "Living life ho-hum...one day at a time".  I certainly can do ho-hum pretty well.  I don't want to get to the end of my life and have regrets about the things I never tried.  God has blessed us all with a life and and I want to live it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend, how you motivate and inspire me! I don't want to live the ho-hum life either! God help us all to live over the top, beyond our wildest imaginations, "pura vida" lives! Love you Brenda. Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...yummy!! I'll take a batch please! I'm going to have so much fun following your blog and watching you complete all of those things on your list. I may even make a list of my own.

    ReplyDelete