Sunday, September 30, 2012

The first step to Italy

Well, as you all can imagine, #5 Ride a moped in Tuscany is probably the scariest, craziest, most challenging thing I put on my list.  How many times have I shook my head and wondered why on the earth I put it on there?  The answer is, I know why I put it there...because it has been a dream of mine for a very long time and I knew if I didn't write it down and hold myself accountable, I'd never go.

 So, Karl and I took the first (baby) step toward our trip to Italy.  We met with a travel agent, Christi Penka, on September 18.  I had a long list of all my wishes and she was very patient with me...explaining what she can and can't do as a travel agent.  She told us that we are wise to start planning now for our trip in July 2013. After we were all done, she said she would get started checking around and would get back with us once she has some information.  I am imagining beautiful landscapes covered in vineyards, trees, and quaint buildings.  I am imagining eating delicious pastas and drinking amazing Italian wine.  I am imagining riding on a moped and not killing myself.  Oh, what a beautiful thought!
                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment