Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Que es eso?

Oh my goodness, I have been a slow poke in sitting down to write!  I finished teaching summer school and now am enjoying the sweet peace of a month of summer break.  What a blessing to have a job that allows for this break...amazing!
The month of July has been relaxing, but I have to admit, I haven't been working as hard on my list as I should.  Here's an update:
#1 I have been working on my lessons on Rosetta Stone.

I am currently working on disc 2 out of 3.  Pretty much I can read and understand the lessons, but don't ask me to speak it for you, otherwise you will only get "Que es eso?" out of me.  It means "What is this?".  Why in the world that is the only phrase I can easily remember...quien sabe! (who knows?)  OK, I guess I can remember two phrases.


#5  Ride a moped in Tuscany. I have been on the internet searching about tours in Tuscany.  As you all know, next summer Karl and I are going to take a week long trip for my dream vacation to Tuscany, Italy for our 25th wedding anniversary.  However, I am feeling overwhelmed with all that is out there and I've never gone on an international trip.  Well, not completely true, but the trips I have been on were when I was a kid and my parents took care of it. So now I am looking at all these amazing possibilities and wondering, YIKES, can I really pull this off?  As my insightful son said to me yesterday, "Mom, you're going to love it no matter what you decide." Now, as far as a moped goes...I have no clue.

#7 Wear more dresses to work. I am not working this month, so I haven't been able to complete this.  However I have bought a few more dresses and am getting ready to wear them to work.  I think I'll wear one or two a week.  Then I'll mark it off...no prob.

#8 Cooking classes. Oh my goodness!  My Thai cooking class in Boulder is coming up at the end of the month!  I can hardly wait...also I noticed while doing my research on Tuscany, that they have cooking classes available.  Woo hoo!

Anyone notice how I have politely avoided #10  Plan my own funeral?   Hmmm, I know I have some definite thoughts but I haven't sat down to really put them down.  OK, I'll start right here.  Those of you that know me know that I want a funeral reception with a really awesome funeral cake.  Punch, nuts, mints, you know...like a wedding.  Well, probably not punch, nuts, and mints.  More like wine, pad thai noodles, and cheesecake.  Let's get real!  I want everyone celebrating that I am in heaven with my Savior Jesus! More on my funeral later.



No comments:

Post a Comment