Last week Pastor Jay was preaching from the book of James. James 4:13-15 says, "Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "if it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." I couldn't help but think about my "list bliss" as I listened to his message. The scripture says clearly that our life is but a mist, we're here today and gone tomorrow. I realize it doesn't mean that I should selfishly spend all my time for ME...but I think it does say that we shouldn't be waiting for someday to accomplish our plans. If it is the Lord's will...let's live our lives. That being said, I've got a lot of living left to do!
I am so excited about this past week. I went to eat at Classic Inn (my favorite Chinese restaurant in town). There weren't any other customers in there at the time, so I took the opportunity to get brave and talk to the owner about cooking classes. She said she doesn't do that anymore, but she would like to help me. She took me back into their kitchen and showed me around---that is so cool for a foodie like me! Then she talked to me about making pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) and said she would get her Vietnamese cookbook and let me look through it. Best of all, she said I could come in some days and hang in the kitchen and let them teach me how to debone chickens, make noodle salad, and anything else that was going on that day. My list says that I will go to chef school or take cooking classes. I think going to hang out in the kitchen at Classic Inn could definitely count as a cooking class!! She'll call me sometime this next week and set it up with me. I am thrilled!
On a less thrilling note, I did purchase a working scale this week so that I can start accomplishing -Lose 20 lbs. I got on the scale and am wondering if it should be more like 30---oh well, baby steps!
No comments:
Post a Comment