Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer just flew by!

I had a wonderful summer vacation!  What a blessing to have the opportunity to take several weeks off from work to do all the things I put off during the school year!  Karl and I enjoyed spending time together working on the house.  We are done with many of our home improvement projects and now patiently waiting for the hardwood flooring to be laid.  Pictures to come later once that is all finished.

I have been continuing to work on marking items off my listbliss.  #5 Exercise 3-4 times a week is a struggle, but I've been doing it!  In fact, I've been exercising 5 times a week all summer!  That is huge, considering I was exercising 0 times a week just a few months ago.  It's not something I love, but I am creating a habit and that's the first step toward meeting #1 Reach and maintain my ideal weight. 

Next, #12 Read one book a month is another one that I have been working on.  I have decided to modify my item a little bit.  Why?  Because I wrote the list and I can change it if I want!  I have joined a book club and am so excited!  There are five of us in the club and will be reading a different book and meeting every other month.  This is wonderful because I will be held accountable by my club members to get the book read and there will be a deadline!  You know deadlines are so helpful to me!  Our first book is Orange is the New Black  by Piper Kerman.  I love the series on Netflix, so I bet I'll enjoy the book! So now my list has changed a little bit to say, #12  Read one book every other month.

By the way, haven't made croissants yet...I keep putting them off. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment