It has a tank of gas. It has exposed fire. It can get very hot. If not done right, it can blow your face off. What am I talking about? The gas grill, of course!
Why do I think that grilling is a man's job? That's ridiculous. What seems so weird is, I do ALL the cooking inside the house, but give over the cooking duties to my husband when it is outdoors. Why don't I do it? What am I waiting for? What am I afraid of? Uhhhh, perhaps blowing my face off!
Well, the time is NOW. #14 Learn to use the grill is going to get crossed off my list very soon, I can feel it! Karl, my sweet husband, has given me multiple tutorials on the finer points of using this device of mass destruction to cook meals. I have taken notes. I have watched. He has even talked me through turning the knobs. But I have not done it myself.
OK, here's what I know. 1. Turn the gas on with the lid down, ONLY ONE TURN. (what happens if it's two???) 2. Push the button and hold with the lid up. It should make a clicking noise. DO NOT DO IT IF IS NOT CLICKING (what if it's not?). 3. Turn the knob to the left to ignite. (why do we have to use the word ignite???)
As you can see, I have some fear and apprehension. I want to master the grill and get over my fears. Plus, I like grilled meat! We bought some spare ribs and I googled how to cook them. They are going to be my first attempt. Trim the fat, put on the rub, heat the grill, turn on only half the burners, put over indirect heat for 2-4 hours turning every 30 minutes. Sounds like I can do it. If they are wonderful and delicious, I will add a photo to this post. If it is a disaster, forget you ever read this post. These are not the droids you are looking for. (nerd alert!)

No comments:
Post a Comment