Monday, March 4, 2013

My most special list item...#17


Each item on my list holds a special place in my heart.  Every item means something significant to me, but if I had to pick one that I wouldn't leave undone it would be #17 Start a mother/daughter tradition.  I love my daughter Grace very much.  She is my only daughter and we've had our struggles as she has grown up.  However, raising her and her brother is a job that Karl and I take very seriously.  When I made my list (seems like eons ago), I was trying to think of a way I could improve my relationship with Grace. Then the idea came to me to start a tradition...something for us to look forward to together and would be filled with positive memories.  Last year, Grace's 14th birthday, we started our tradition.  On Grace's birthday (or close to it), we would go stay at a hotel, eat yummy food, and go shopping together.  This year we did it again!  Grace is now 15 and we had a blast.  We stayed in Wichita, ate at Olive Garden (her favorite), and shopped at all her favorite places: Sephora, Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works.  Best of all, we had a wonderful time being together! I am marking this one off my list, but will continue for as long as Gracie wants to go out with her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment