Hello all! Yes, I'm finally getting back to posting!
It is well into 2013 and I am busily preparing for my August deadline.
However, it is not all about me (surprise, surprise!) Last weekend was such a special one for me and my sisters. If you remember from my post on April 21, 2012 (go look!), I got my sisters to each make their own lists of things they want to accomplish. Cheryl had put on her list to sing in public. She asked all of us if we would sing with her in my church (www.gracegreatbend.org). Of course we all said, YES! Thanks to Jonathan- our worship pastor, a beautiful song, and lots of practicing we were able to sing the song for both services last Sunday! It was such an unbelievable privilege to sing with my sisters, in my church AND help Cheryl mark something off of her list. By the way, she sings beautifully!
As for my list, it is getting done slowly but surely We have met with the travel agent several times and have our Italy trip all planned! Yay! We are going in July and will be staying 6 nights in Florence (which is in Tuscany) and 3 nights in Rome. We will be going through a tour group and have so many wonderful adventures awaiting us like walking tours, wine tastings, cooking classes, visits to the sea and much more. Karl and I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and I can't think of a better way to do it than this AND I can't think of a better person to do it with! I am blessed with an amazing husband! Obviously while I'm there I will be riding a moped, but as the date gets closer I am starting to freak out and think that I'll break a bone or something. I've never ridden one before so why did I put it on my list for Italy, who knows?
Also, I've been sewing a quilt from blocks of old fabric that my Mom made our clothes from when I was growing up. It is small and hideous, but precious to me. Mom and my sisters have helped me figure out what many of the fabrics were from. This will help me mark off #16 Make a quilt with the old fabric blocks. I'll post a photo when it is completed.
No comments:
Post a Comment