Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Time to move on

Well, here it is.  My spring vegetable risotto topped with fresh parmesan and crispy prosciutto. It was delicious and I am proud of myself.  I will count it as the "perfect risotto" and mark it off my list.  Hip-hip-hooray!  Time to move on, I have other things I have to accomplish.

Sadly, I have made a decision.  I am planning to NOT go to Idaho this summer. I do not make this decision lightly.  As we began to look at travel costs we realized that it would be an expensive trip.  We want to save our money for our Italy trip next summer...soooo, I'm thinking I might not have all 20 items marked off my list by August 2013.  Bummer.  However, I have been entering to win an all-expense paid trip to Tuscany through Olive Garden.  You can enter once a day through June, so you can bet I've been doing that.  Hey, somebody has to win...why not me??

Now that it is summer I have a little more free time to work on my list.  I think I will work on my baking business next.  My plan is to develop my recipes, design my business name and logo, buy my bakery boxes and bags and then start giving food away. As I do that, hopefully I can get some feedback from friends and family so I'll be ready to "launch" in the fall.

As I have been embarking on this list bliss adventure, I realize how rewarding yet difficult this really is.  On one hand it is fun to dream about all the things I would like to do, but on the other hand it is scary and challenging to actually make a plan to complete it.  Add on top of that the fact that I am putting into print that I am going to accomplish this stuff...yikes!

Dear reader, if you have taken the time to read my blog, I truly hope you have considered writing a list of your own.  Put an ending date on it. Make it meaningful. Get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment